Hey, chica! Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week, and that you are prepped and ready for the weekend. What are your plans this weekend? I will be spending my weekend getting things packed up and ready for my next trip. On Tuesday I have a flight from Atlanta to Indianapolis, and I am going home for about a week. It will be so great to see Hayden, and his family, and some of my family and friends too. I am really looking forward to going home for the first time in a few months.
But, before I get too busy packing, and hanging with my sister this weekend, I wanted to share a really simple, and FUN recipe that I think you will love. It’s the perfect little treat for fall! Ever had a caramel apple that ended up mostly on your face? Yeah, girl… been there. With this treat, you will get the same delicious caramel apple flavor, but you will be able to actually eat it, and not just get covered in the caramel like I do, LOL!
I got this recipe from Pinterest, and then I edited it to make it exactly what I like. Below, I will share the ingredients and the instructions to make these, and some photos too! I had some help from my three-year old nephew, Silas. He is always enjoying doing things in the kitchen. So, let’s get to it.
- 3 Large Apples of Your Choice (I like Granny Smith!)
- 1 Cup of Caramel Candy (Unwrapped of course)
- 1 Snicker Bar (I didn’t use any today because I was making them to share with my nephew)
- Cake Pop Sticks or Kabob Sticks
- Clean and cut your apples into 3/4 inch slices, and remove excess juice.
- Insert the sticks into the apple slices.
- Finely chop your Snickers bar into tiny slivers.
- Melt caramel on the stovetop. Use a double-broiler! It makes it nice and simple.
- Dip the apples into your melted caramel, until they are coated fully.
- Sprinkle some of the Snicker bar pieces on the apples.
- Put the caramel apples onto a sheet of wax paper on the cookie sheet, and pop them in the fridge to chill.
That’s it! SO nice and easy. This may be my go-to treat for the fall. You will definitely want to try it out this weekend if you need a little pick-me-up. Enjoy your Friday, and have a fabulous weekend.