The BEST homemade chicken enchilada recipe? I know… that is a very bold claim. But, I am serious. I have tried and tested TONS of chicken enchilada recipes, and I know for a fact this is the best one I have had.
I have been making this recipe for a few years now, and it has totally become my go-to dinner recipe. Hayden + I eat them at least once a week when we are together, TBH. And, if I am eating something that much… you know it has to be REAL good. It is simple, delicious, and makes enough for leftovers. In this blog post, you will find the exact recipe I use and have curated to adapt to our liking. Step by step instructions, ingredients, and photos, too!
CHICKEN ENCHILADA INGREDIENTS
- 2 Cups of Rotisserie Chicken (Sam’s Club has the best!)
- 5 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups of Salsa Verde (Herdez is our favorite, and you can get it at Target)
- 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Cups of Pepperjack Cheese
- 1.5 Cups of Frozen Corn (Thawed)
- Flour Tortillas
- A Baking Dish (Here’s one similar to my favorite!)
CHICKEN ENCHILADA INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, salsa verde, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a medium to large bowl.
- Next, once it is all mixed well, use a 1 cup measuring cup to scoop out 2 cups of the mixture into a separate bowl, and set it to the side. We will use that later.
- Then, to the original bowl, add your chicken, and your corn. Stir well.
- Next, spray a baking dish with cooking spray, and spread a thin layer of the mixture without chicken and corn onto the bottom of the pan.
- After preparing your pan, using the mixture with chicken and corn, use a 1/3 cup measuring cup, and fill the tortillas with 1/3 cup.
- Then, roll them up, and set them into the pan.
- It should make 7 or 8 enchiladas. Then, cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Place them in the oven for 20 minutes, and then remove the foil, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly, pull them out, and serve with chips, queso, salsa, margaritas, or limes. You will LOVE them!
If you like this post, you will probably enjoy another recipe I have shared here for Caramel Apple Slices.
Enjoy this enchilada recipe with the people you love, and enjoy your day!