What’s up, what’s up! I hope your day is going fabulously, and that you are enjoying the last part of this month. At my school we take our spring break the first week of April. I am getting so excited for this much needed break from school, and I know you probably feel that way too. I figured that I would share some of my spring break essentials with you. They are all things that I feel like are important to have for your trip. I will be sharing some things I already have and use, and some things that I am excited to try for the first time that are on my wishlist right now. Let me know what is on your spring break packing list or essentials list!
1. One-piece swimsuit Here are two that I love! One from Nasty Gal and one from Target. I have such a love for one-piece swimsuits. You never know when you are going to want to wear a more modest suit depending on who you are with, or have a swimsuit that covers your stomach in case you get sunburnt, haha! It is always good to pack one of these just in case.
2. Liquid IV If you are planning on going somewhere warm, making sure you are hydrated is essential! So, what Liquid IV does for you is 2-3 times more hydrating than regular water, 3 times the electrolytes of an average sports drink, comes in three flavors (acai berry, lemon lime, and passion fruit), and supplies your body with five essential vitamins (B3, B5, B6, B12 and Vitamin C). They come in small packets that you can pour into your water, and will keep you hydrated the whole time you are gone. All you need is your water bottle, and you are good to go!
3. Face sunscreen This sunscreen is super hydrating for your skin, contains SPF 40, and protects your skin from UVA (aging) rays, UVB (burning) rays, blue light, infrared radiation, and pollution. AND it is under $40. With vitiligo, I have to be super careful during the summers to not let my face burn, so investing in a great face sunscreen is a really smart idea. There is literally nothing worse than a burnt forehead when you can move your eyebrows, haha!! The reason I think this product is one that you will love is because it is super lightweight on the skin, and can even be worn under your makeup. If you order anything from this post, please consider purchasing this, and PROTECT your skin!!! It is so important, and your future self will thank you.
4. Sunhat This goes hand in hand with #3. Having a sunhat is not only cute, and makes your outfit or swimsuit look extra adorable, but also protects that skin! I know for me before I really wore hats in the sun, my scalp, face and shoulders would burn so badly. Now I make sure to always have a sunhat or even a baseball cap to cover my face in the sun, AND I pack on the sunscreen. This one is SO cute and affordable.
5. Colorful, Floral Maxi Maxi dresses are EVERYTHING during spring and summer. This floral maxi dress is SO beautiful and will be a great outfit to throw on for a night out to dinner and dessert, or for a mini-photoshoot on the beach (I know sometimes we get dressed up just for ‘gram, haha!). Such a pretty color, only $35 at full price, and would be too cute with a jean jacket, or a little cardigan. I am getting so into florals this year, so I am excited to stock up on some of these pretty, floral, feminine dresses.
6. My All-Time Favorite Lip Balm (SPF 15 sunscreen) Y’ALL. This lip balm is the best… ever! Seriously. I recommend this to everyone I know. This lip balm is one I have used for years and years and I will never stop using it. It is priced very fairly, and lasts forever. They have lip balms that are tinted, but I always just use the clear one. Here’s a quick tip: This lip balm is SUPER soft, and silky. So, I always keep mine in my refrigerator at home and on vacation so that I can keep it solid and make sure that it does not melt. AND, the best part is… it is SO moisturizing, but it contains SPF too, so no more burnt lips!
7. Sunglasses If you have ever been to the beach and forgotten your sunglasses, you know how miserable that is. These sunglasses are some of my favorites, and they are so in style right now. They are less than $60 and are such great quality, you’ll be glad you didn’t use that old pair of sunglasses from high school (I am so guilty of this, haha!) These sunnies have 100% UV protection, and have super high ratings from previous buyers.
8. Swimsuit Cover-UpHaving a cute swimsuit cover-up is the best! This one is only $34.99, and you can get 10% off using my code: MBEAVERS10. I love the lace detailing on it, and it comes in black and white, so no matter what color your suit is… one of these cover-ups will match perfectly. I love having a cover-up for when I am out at the pool or the beach and I want to go into a restaurant on the shore or if I need to run in somewhere where I don’t want to be walking around in a bikini.
9. Sea Salt Spray I swear by this spray! I wear it in my hair all the time to give it a lot of texture, and even some volume at the roots. You can spray it into dry or damp hair for a little boost that will make you look like you have those classic beachy waves and texture that we all want. I love how inexpensive this product is, and how it takes good care of my second (and third, and fourth… let’s be honest) day hair. It smells great, and gets the job done!
10. Simple Modern Stainless Steel Water BottleThis water bottle is one of my new favorite products. It keeps my ice frozen for EVER. I used to use my Yeti religiously, but I prefer this bottle now. The cup fits in my hand better than most, and the color is SO. STINKIN. CUTE. I promise you will love it! Another thing I love about this product is that it has a reusable straw. #winning
I hope these ten products are helpful for you when you are packing or planning a trip, or just enjoying the warm weather wherever you are at. If you try any of these, definitely be sure to let me know, and I would love to feature you on my Instagram Story. Love you guys!